While some 6-month-olds may snuggle happily into their cribs at bedtime and drift off, many are inclined to put up a good fight...no matter how tired they are. How can we avoid a daily struggle when we, ourselves, are just as tired as our babies?
If your baby could talk:Want to know why I cry and fuss so much when you put me to bed? Well, why in the world would I want to leave your nice warm arms to lie alone in my crib? All I know is that I'm happy when I'm with you, and bed time means an end to all of that. How can you help? Well, if we do lots of nice things that lead up to bed time, it will help me feel relaxed. A bath, a dimly lit room, a book, a gentle song and a rub on the back. I like that. And make sure to give me something to hold on to when I can't hold on to you . . . my teddy or comfy blanket are good. Okay, I still might cry a little, but I think I'm ready. I can't promise anything, though, about tomorrow.
What your
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment